An affiliate website built with the help of Wealthy Affiliate and myself is the ticket to self employment. It is what gave me my start. I have 2 sites now and I plan to build more. My wife works with me and it is awesome! They offer excellent training and support and its free to start and to have a look around.
Here is my Wealthy Affiliate review. Now I will let you get back to the article.
What to Expect
While researching this article I found that I completely agreed with thebalance.com when they suggested that you should consider whether:
You are suited for working from home?
- Are you self-disciplined?
- Are you organized?
- Do you need a “boss” to keep you on task?
- Do you have too many distractions at home?
- Do you like to have feedback on your performance?
- How well do you manage time?
Do you have money?
- Do you have a “nest egg” to live on?
- Will your “nest egg” last until you start to see returns from your business?
- Do you have the patience and the persistence to work while awaiting your success?
- Can you manage money?
- Have you read books, researched, and spoken to other entrepreneurs that work from home?
- Have you thought of solutions to any problems, or short comings, that you have discovered by reading the above lists?
What do you want to do? Want a home business?
Have you figured out what your business should be?
If you need some more help with that, please check out my article:The “Characteristics of an Entrepreneur” article will take you through the journey to business ownership. So make sure to give it a read.
What’s next Bill?
As Leslie Truex states in the article, “7 Habits of Successful Home Business Owners,” you should remember:
- Focus on Value: if you offer a product, or service, that is needed by your market; the money will follow.
- Stay in touch with emerging trends. Don’t be left our in the cold because you weren’t paying attention. Don’t become a Barnes & Noble trying to catch up to Amazon.
- Build relationships with your clients, your community, and the movers and shakers in your industry. This will get you more business. You must network.
- Be a life long learner. Never stop reading, researching, taking courses, and listening to other entrepreneurs.
- Do not forget the self-care. Eat right, exercise, sleep well, and feed your soul. You should not give up your life, or relationships to work non-stop. Remember that you cannot spend enough money to replace your health.
- Do not live to work. Even if you LOVE your business, you will need vacations, and time with family and friends. Do not give up your hobbies.
- Get some help. You cannot do it all, there just is not enough time in a day. Outsource, delegate, and establish systems to maximize your efficiency.
Sign up here for a free starter membership and more information
Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have. I would love to read them.